Most of the time people tend to think that hosting their websites online seems to be their final goal after creation. However this is far from reality, because after hosting, you need to think about how to make it visible all over the internet or how to increase traffic on a website and keep it active. In order to achieve this goal we need to deep in SEO and it’s Basics and we will talk about 4 ways to increase traffic to your website
But what is actually SEO?
“SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of increasing the quantity and quality of traffic to your website through organic search engine results.”
Then which are the 4 ways to increase traffic to your website ?
- Do Keyword Research
- Create useful content
- Apply SEO Bases
- Share on social networks and online communities.
Do Keyword Research
I will present two techniques:
- Using A search engine: This consists of Simply using a search engine and starting typing a topic to propose to you a list of keywords most searched by users.
- Using advanced SEO tools : These are tools which permit you to find useful and know the volume of keyword search by most users. Some examples of these tools are : What is my SERP, Answer the public or even Google Keyword Planner. The images below show an example of keyword research with what is my SERP and Answer the public respectively.
Create Useful content in order to Increase Traffic to your Website
Secondly, After choosing your keyword, you move on to creating some content. While creating you should
- Be thorough: Provide essential information that will help users in achieving their goals.
- Create readable content : Make sure your content is subdivided into parts. Add subheading and images where necessary. Your content should be formatted in such a way that readers can easily continue from where they stopped.
- Create a great heading: Choose a heading that a user is highly going to click on when navigating. Let’s take for example if you want to write an article on how to get followers on Instagram. You should emphasize on some words that can attract user attention. So instead of saying
how to get followers on Instagramyou can use “5 easy ways to get Instagram followers”.
Apply some SEO Basics
Next, you should apply some useful SEO basics such as
- If you have a blog, use keywords in the title and body of your article.
- If your content contains any images, make such to add alternative text to it. This is because Google does not know how to interpret images. By adding alt text you tell him what the image is about.
- Add internal links in each web page. By doing this it helps google to know what your website is all about. For example if you own a blog, and you write an article on how to install WordPress and in that article or page you add an link toward another page or article which talks about CMS(Content Management System), google will know that your website talks about CMS and when a user conducts a research on CMS, your website may appear about the first 20 results.
- Use simple and clear English and do not use many long sentences in your content. Most of your sentences should be 20 or less than 20 words.
- Each web page in your website should contain at least 300 words. Most websites containing pages with less than 300 words appear lastly and not at all in search results.
- Lastly, if you are a WordPress lover make sure you use Yoast SEO in your blog posts.
Share on online Communities and on social networks
Another pretty way of getting more traffic on a website is actually sharing. But this doesn’t mean that you should spam people all around. For example if you are part of some community online, if one member asks a concept in which you get some knowledge or have written or that you can simply comment and add the link to the web content or article which talks about the issue alongside in the comment.
As for social networks you can simply share and tag people or organizations who may be interested in the post.
- Use email listing/ newsletter
- Update your page content, talk about trending, popular topics
- If you are an eCommerce website owner, contact influencers to promote your website and articles
I hope this article may/will help you to promote your website. If you would like to know more about Yoast SEO continue from here.