Nowadays internet users tend to grow as well as the demand of different kinds of resources. To respond to the need of these resources, website creators or developers create and add content to their websites in order to
satisfy each user. But creating and adding content does not guarantee that
the content will be readily available to users when they query the internet
by means of a search engine. To overcome this problem search engines
have introduce some parameters that will help both the
webmasters/developers and content writers to optimize their content in
order for search engines to rank them while providing the best results to
the users. Then What is Search Engine Optimization and how is that useful ?
What is Search Engine Optimization ?
SEO is a technique and practice of increasing the
quantity and quality of traffic to your website through
organic search engine results. Theses techniques can be classified in to 2 types: On-page SEO and Off-page SEO.
Focus on improving elements on your website to get higher rankings. The main elements are:
- HTML tags.
- Image alt attribute.
- The Content.
- Keyword (primary and secondary).
- Permalinks Structure.
- Internal links.
- Meta Description.
- Least but not the last Keyword density.
On the other hand we have Off-page techniques. These are techniques applied out of your pages to increase traffic on a web site. Some of these techniques include
- Using social media to boost traffic and
- Using Back-links (blogging and forum). Back-links are simply links that comes from some other site to your site. The greater the number of site that linked to your site the higher your rank in the search result page.
Equally we distinguish to 3 types of SEO practitioners: White hat SEO, Gray hat SEO and Black hat SEO. They are classified with respect to the way(goo and bad) they practice optimization. White being the best and black being the fraudulent way.
Examples of Search Engine Optimization Tools
We have and in-exhaustive list of SEO tools but will list some of the most used ones.
- Google search console.
- Yoast SEO.
- Google Analytics.
- Answer the public.
- and many others…
But why is Search Engine optimization useful ?
- First of all, with SEO you can bring a super organic traffic to your websites
- Secondly, having a great popular navigating around your website pages also gives you a great credibility and build a strong trusteeship with your users.
- Optimizing your site in a user perspective also bring a great user experiences thereby encouraging more users to come back.
- It helps you have a more visibility on your local and international competitors.
- It creates job opportunities such as SEO Specialist.
- SEO helps to predict, user behavior pattern base on user query(keyword).
If you haven’t think about optimizing your web content I encourage you to start doing it as soon as possible cause this may helps you but will equally help a great number of internet users